Tuesday, May 15, 2012

1st Sermon...


At the end of March, Sue and I met to talk about my last few months and what we hoped to get accomplished.  TFG wanted me to set some goals to do before my time was up.  One of these goals Sue and I agreed on was for me to preach at the 9:00 service.  This is the Communion Service at St. Thomas.  We set the date for the last Sunday in April.  Like most things, it seems so far off when it’s set, but it quickly snuck up on me.

The scripture for this Sunday was 1 John 3:16-24 and John 10:11-18.  I decided to do my sermon on the 1 John text.  I set my camera up before the service began so that I could have a video of it.  The first bit of the sermon was not recorded, but only about 2 minutes is missing.  It was just the introduction.

It is not perfect, but it was a great learning experience and one I will never forget.

Here is the link to the video...

No comments:

Post a Comment